Food Notebook - A Notebook Companion™ to Food Anatomy
Get ready to eat your way around the world! Start your adventure with the history of food and end with a world tour of what other countries call good eats. Who knew the best way to learn social studies is through your stomach? Food Anatomy will whisk you around the world to study fruits, vegetables, grains, meat, dairy, snacks, seasonings, drinks, and desserts.
Don’t forget to save room for The Food Notebook, a publisher-approved Notebook Companion™ to Food Anatomy by Julia Rothman, sold separately.
Food Anatomy is part of the popular Julia Rothman series by Storey Publishing. Get the most out of this tasty study with Food Notebook.
The Food Notebook follows along with the topics in Food Anatomy and includes written narration, places to sketch food and kitchen tools, labeling and diagramming, and more!
This is your student’s chance to have fun diagramming the “anatomy” of a banana split, learning about how coffee is processed, discovering kinds of snacks and meals you can eat in other countries, and much more!
Topics Covered in Food Anatomy
- Chapter one: history of food, food terminology, place settings, kinds of forks and spoons, international cupboards, traditional ovens, stoves, refrigeration, fermentation
- Chapter two: plant family, fruit facts, how flowers become fruit, produce, plant families, celery, obscure food items, tropical fruit, berries, common tree fruit terms, bananas, citrus fruit, salad greens, fungi, truffles, yams and sweet potatoes, beans, shelling, nuts, tofu
- Chapter three: grains, corn, rice, bread, dough, baking, sandwiches, pasta types and making pasta, Asian noodle dishes, dumplings, pancakes
- Chapter four: prime cuts, how to cook meats, charcuterie plates, sausage, butchery tools, meat dishes, food fish, filleting a fish, roe, fresh fish, clams, kinds of sushi, whole chickens, eggs (including egg lingo)
- Chapter five: dairy, milk, dairy terms, how to make butter, buttermilk pancakes, cheese, making cheese, types of cheese, curds
- Chapter six: snakes with funny names, French fries, hot dogs, meat on a stick, food trucks, street food, pizza, taqueria terminology
- Chapter seven: spices and spice blends, sugar, olive oil, mustard, making vinegar, salt, pepper
- Chapter eight: coffee, espresso, tea, brewing, carbonated drinks, fermented beverages, making wine, wine tasting, distillation, glassware, and more
- Chapter nine: common cakes, cake making, ice cream, sundaes, cookies, chocolate, worldly treats, candy, candy shops, pasteries, pastry tools, pies, donuts, and other sweets
Like our other open & go curriculum, there is no prep-work involved – you simply grab your copy of the book and your Notebook Companion and work at your own pace.
We also have Notebook Companions™ for other volumes in the Julia Rothman Series. Click here to view them.
Nature Notebook – Companion to Nature Anatomy$9.95 – $24.95 Buy Now
Farm Notebook – Companion to Farm Anatomy$9.95 – $24.95 Buy Now
Food Notebook – Companion to Food Anatomy$9.95 – $24.95 Buy Now
0 reviews with a 4-star rating
There are no reviews with a 4-star rating yet